This was such a cute blog article. I had to share this with my followers!
EASY Quiche Recipe, Tex-Mex style, quick and simple. Anyone can make this, and only takes a few minutes to prepare, and a super-easy crust, because it’s premade! Yup, yup, super simple!
I started a new tradition for my family on New Year’s Day. New Year’s Eve has a very sentimental place in my heart, and I love to be surrounded by my loved ones on this occasion, celebrating midnight and toasting with champagne for the New Year. New Year’s Day is just a lazy day for us all, so I decided quiche is a perfect solution! I can make it, serve it up, and everyone can go for seconds, thirds, then leftovers.
We invited my parents over for brunch, and the day was so totally awesome! We all had plenty to eat, and it was a nice, affordable plate to serve to a big crowd.
I made several kinds, but I thought I would share the Tex-Mex creation that I threw together on a whim. It was very good, and it’s a cool variation from the more popular versions. And, here we go…
- 9-inch pie dish
- Deep dish frozen pie crust or Pillsbury Refrigerated Dough Crust. (I used Pillsbury)
- Slices of Monterey Jack, Jalapeño Jack, and Mexican Blend cheese
- Your choice of grated cheese
- 4 eggs
- 3\4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1\4 cup milk
- Pre-cooked bacon and breakfast sausage
- Fresh Pico de Gallo (I bought this premade at the grocery store) or Rotel, drained
- 1 small can mushrooms (this is Goddess Tex-Mex, and we do mushrooms in THIS house!)
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Precook your meat. No need to cook your pico or canned mushrooms!
- Mix your eggs, cream, milk, and spices in a bowl, blending well.
- Cover the bottom of your pie crust with slices of your cheese. Next, layer your pico and mushrooms. Finally, layer your meat mixture over the vegetables and top generously with the grated cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45 to 60 minutes, turning halfway through for even cooking, and threatening your loved ones NOT to continue opening the oven every 10 minutes hoping it is ready early.
I use the general “stock” for this quiche to make all of my quiche; I just change up what cheese, spices, and meat I may choose, so feel free to play around with this and see what you come up with! Just remember sliced cheese on the bottom, then your veggies, then your meat, then grated cheese.
As promised, I have an Etsy discount code for my followers. It will be for an additional 10% off of your total purchase, on top of the sales that I hold. Send me an email at Thecrochetgoddess1@gmail.com and I will send it to you. 🙂 The code won’t work until Monday at 8 a.m. CST, and will be active from two weeks from today. So don’t be shy and tell me you want the code! You aren’t obligated to buy. 😀
Click the link, and follow my store! I’m so excited that the day is almost here! Show me some ♥♥♥LOVE♥♥♥! I have every intention of rewarding my sweet, devoted blog followers. You’ll be getting an additional discount…so you’ll be saving more than the others! I’ll hand that discount code out tomorrow for my blog followers, so tell everyone to go ahead and follow me here. It’s just a button to push, easy-peasy! And here is my store link! Woot woot! I know, it’s empty now, but that’s because I am hard at work getting my images together. Don’t worry, I’m fillin’ ‘er up tommorrow!
I have thrown together a couple more of my items that will be going into my store. Things are coming together nicely, and I can’t wait to get it all ready for opening day! This is just a few more things that I’ll be selling. Please do not forget that I will make custom colors! Tomorrow, I will throw out the link for people to check out what I am building! 🙂